BIO 220 Grand Canyon Week 3 Complete Work
BIO 220 Grand Canyon Week 3 Discussion 1
Many people outside of China believe that the country’s effort to reduce birth rates, through its one-child policy, does not justify its methods. Do you agree? Can you think of any future, unintended consequences for China as a result of adopting this policy? Offer an alternative technique (one not currently used by China)
to reduce a country’s fertility rates that you believe would be less controversial.
BIO 220 Grand Canyon Week 3 Discussion 2
Consider the most recent oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Describe the various mechanisms and pathways that transport toxins to the environment. Note: Avoid only talking about the oil spill affecting people in Mexico.
BIO 220 Grand Canyon Week 3 Assignment Ecosystems and Trophic Levels Details:
In this assignment, you will be creating a trophic pyramid, also known as an “ecological pyramid,” for a specific ecosystem, using the “Trophic Pyramid” template. Your trophic completed trophic pyramid will be used to identify the trophic levels within the food web, as well as their effects on the ecosystem. To complete this assignment, do the following:
1. Select an ecosystem from an area of interest to you. When choosing an ecosystem, be specific. For help differentiating between biomes and ecosystems, review “Biomes, Ecosystems, and Trophic Levels.
2. Utilize credible sources to select and research your chosen ecosystem, including the textbook and the internet (specifically, you may find the “World Resources Institute “website,
located at http://www.wri.org/ecosystems/data-maps-and-tools, helpful).
3. When researching your selected ecosystem, give special attention to the plant and animals species that inhabit that ecosystem. This information will be used to design the ecological pyramid.
4. Refer to the “Trophic Pyramid, template. You will complete this template by entering the names of the species that belong to the various trophic levels (Apex predator, tertiary consumers, secondary consumers, primary consumers, and primary producers).
5. Refer to pages 63-65 in the text for further information and an explanation of trophic levels.
Using your completed trophic pyramid, answer the following questions:
1. Of the primary producers you selected, which one do you think has the biggest impact on the ecosystem you researched? Explain.
2. “What species did you select for the apex predator? Explain the importance the apex predator’s impact on the other species in your tropic pyramid.
3. Refer to pages 63-65 in the text. How did the amount of energy gained compare to the amount of energy lost as heat at the 2nd–4th trophic levels?
4. Referring to your completed trophic pyramid template, select one species. If this species was removed from your trophic pyramid, what would be the impact on the other species of the ecosystem?
5. Can efforts to save a species from extinction be successful if the focus of preservation is only on that species? Explain your answer
6. Considering the amount of energy required in producing animal-based foods and goods, should humans change their habits so they consume products closer to the bottom of the trophic pyramid? Provide rationale for your response.
7. Submit your responses in a Word document of at least 250-500 words.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
View this related topic here:BIO 220 Grand Canyon Week 4 Complete Work
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.