COM 315 Grand Canyon Week 4 Complete Work
COM 315 Grand Canyon Week 4 Discussion 1
What are the four components of language? How are they different?
COM 315 Grand Canyon Week 4 Discussion 2
Explain the concept of low context/high context. With whom do you use high-context language? Why?
COM 315 Grand Canyon Week 4 Assignment 1 Cultural Observation Details:
For this assignment, attend a festival or visit a grocery store that caters to a specific ethnicity other than your own, such as Greek, Chinese, Japanese, Middle Eastern, or Mexican. Spend a significant amount of time there observing the setting. Consider the following in your observations:
1. What do you smell?
2. What types of food are available that are unfamiliar to you?
3. How are the food and other items presented in ways that seem unusual or different from your experience?
4. Watch and listen to the people. How do they interact with each other? How are they dressed?
Write an essay (250-500-words) thoroughly describing the experience:
1. Where did you go? Who went with you? How long did you stay?
2. What did you notice, especially about the way the people interacted?
3. To what do you attribute the differences you saw or smelled or heard?
4. Reflect on how much this experience stretched your comfort zone and how this observation might affect your intercultural communication. Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required. This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment. You are not required to submit this assignment to Turn it in, unless otherwise directed by your instructor. If so directed, refer to the Student Success Center for directions. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turn it in.
COM 315 Grand Canyon Week 4 Assignment 2 Movie Report: Language, Non-verbal Codes, and Cultural Space Details:
Choose a movie that you have not previously seen from the following list: Mi Familia, My Big
Fat Greek Wedding, I Am Sam, or Amistad. Watch the movie with this question in mind: What do people say and do that communicates in ways different from the way I do? Write an essay of 250-500 words that answers the question with supporting details, quotes, and paraphrased statements from the movie. This is not a review of the movie, but an observation of the communication styles of the people in the movie. Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required. This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turn it in, unless otherwise directed by your instructor. If so directed, refer to the Student Success Center for directions. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turn it in.
View this related topic here:COM 315 Grand Canyon Week 5 Complete Work
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.