UNV 502 Grand Canyon Week 1 Complete Work
UNV 502 Grand Canyon Week 1 Discussion 1
Write a 250-300-word journal reflection on what you have learned in this class. Include information about the most essential lessons you have learned and the parts of the course you found most challenging. How do you think your graduate educational experience will be different from your undergraduate experience? How would you describe a graduate learning community? What would be the key components of a learning community and how might it be different from an undergraduate learning community?
UNV 502 Grand Canyon Week 1 Discussion 2
This topic discussed the importance of communication. One of the goals of GCU is to help you to effectively communicate throughout your life. Access and review the “Communication Tool.” Why is it important to communicate effectively with others? How will effective communication help students in their academic career? Give examples. Why do you think GCU emphasizes quality discussion posts and proper etiquette in the Discussion Forums?
UNV 502 Grand Canyon Week 1 Discussion 3
After learning more about what GCU is all about by reading the GCU doctrinal statement, Four Pillars, and Christian Worldview, how do you think GCUâ€™s Christian heritage makes the GCU academic experience different than at a non-faith based university? What value will this difference add to your educational experience? After learning about the complexities and benefits of spiritual integration within the counseling process, how do you believe GCU addresses this need for spiritual competency?
GCU Doctrinal Statement
.gcu.edu/About-Us/Doctrinal-Statement.php”>http://www.gcu.edu/About-Us/Doctrinal-Statement.php Christian Worldview .gcu.edu/About-Us/
.php”>http://www.gcu.edu/About-Us/Christian-Worldview.php Four Pillars .gcu.edu/About-Us/
UNV 502 Grand Canyon Week 1 Assignment 1
Navigating the Online Environment Scavenger Hunt
Learning how to navigate the online classroom environment is essential to your academic success.
1- View the LoudCloud Walk to Class Tutorial and search LoudCloud to find the answers.
2- Complete the scavenger hunt while navigating LoudCloud.
Online Learning Environment Scavenger Hunt
Learning how to navigate the online classroom environment is essential to your academic success. GCU’s Learning Management System (LMS) LoudCloud has many resources to help you become a successful graduate student.
View the LoudCloud Walk to Class Tutorial as well as search LoudCloud to find answers to the questions below. You should complete the guide while navigating the LoudCloud environment.
Part A: Answer each prompt
1. List the tabs and other items on the screen when you first enter a course in LoudCloud.
2. From the course home page in LoudCloud, click on the “Resources” tab and then click on “Classroom Policies.” What do you need to do to make sure you are properly participating in the online classroom?
3. Under the “Resources” Tab in LoudCloud, click on the “Student Success Center;” under the “Writing Center” tab click on the “Style Guides and Templates” link. Read through the APA 6th Edition Style Guide and APA 6th Edition Template (without Abstract) documents. Why do you think academic writing requires such strict formatting?
4. under the “Resources” Tab in LoudCloud, click on the “Student Success Center.” Under which tab in the Student Success Center can you find official Microsoft Tutorials for their software products?
5. Under the “Resources” Tab in LoudCloud, inside the “Student Success Center,” click on the “Tools for Success” tab at the top. What video might be most helpful to you under the “Success Webinars” section?
6. From the course home page in LoudCloud, find where you can see your current grade in the course.
7. Click on the “Resources” Tab in the classroom. Click on “Syllabus.” What are all the different sections found in the Syllabus? Look at the “Overall” and “Current” sections of the syllabus. (Hint: they might be the orange sections on the left of the screen.)
8. Click on “Library” under the “Resources” tab. Go to the Library website and find a time that a GCU Library Introduction webinar tour is available. Write down a time and date that one is offered.
Part B: Highlight the correct response
9. Where are the topic lectures found?
a) The Syllabus
b) Course Materials
c) Main Forum
d) Both A and B
10. In the Student Success Center located under theResources Tab in Loud Cloud, which of the following is not found under the “Tools for Success” tab:
a) The Writing Center
b) The Basic
c) First Year Experience
d) Success Webinars
11. What do Course Materials in Loud Cloud consist of?
a) Lecture Notes, Electronic Resources, and Other instructional Media
b) Computer, Internet, and Software
c) Pens, Paper, and Books
d) The Syllabus, Discussion Forum, and Student Success Center
12. Where do you find the “Announcements” tab for a course in LoudCloud?
a) In the LoudCloud tool bar at the top of the classroom
b) The Calendar
c) The Syllabus
d) The instructor emails them to you at the start of each week.
13. What would you do if you wanted to ask your instructor a question in which you felt your classmates could benefit from the answer as well?
a) Send him or her a personal email
b) Post the question in the Main Forum
c) Post the question in the Individual Forum
d) Post the question in the Questions to Instructor Forum
14. Looking at the Forum Section under the Tasks tab, which section is not listed in Loud Cloud?
a) Main Forum
b) Question to Instructor Forum
c) Assignment Forum
d) Individual Forum
15. Where are the weekly topic learning objectives found?
a) On the Calendar
b) In the Syllabus
c) In the Main Forum
d) Under the Tasks Tab
16. Where is the syllabus found in Loud Cloud?
a) Under the Calendar tab
b) Under the Resources tab
c) In the Main Forum
d) Under the Tasks Tab
UNV 502 Grand Canyon Week 1 Assignment 2
Time Monitoring Worksheet
In this assignment there are two parts to complete. The first is a time log in which you will monitor and write down all that you do within a 3-day time period. In the second portion of the assignment you will reflect on your completed worksheet from part 1 and write a short 250-word summary of your experience. Use the questions in Part 2: Reflection instructions to guide your writing.
Part 1: Monitor your time in hourly increments.
1- Use the Time Monitoring Worksheet to write down what you did each hour of the day, starting at 5 a.m. and ending at 10 p.m. Even if you do not get up until 10 a.m., you still need to record 5 a.m. – 9 a.m. as “sleep.”
2- Do not overdo the recording; record the primary activity for the hour. At most, record two activities per hour.
Part 2: Reflection
On day four, review your completed Time Monitoring Worksheet in order to take a serious look at how you use your time each day.
Write a 250-500-word reflection on how you manage your time. Include the following in your reflection:
1- What are some things you can do more efficiently?
2- What are the main items/tasks that take up most of your time?
3- Do you see areas in your daily routine where you can make adjustments to become more productive?
4- Do you have any “black holes” that unnecessarily suck up a lot of your time?
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
UNV 502 Grand Canyon Week 1 Assignment 3
Class Wall Biography
Participating and getting to know other students in your class is important in order to create the online community at GCU. The Class Wall is a place for students to network and get to know one another. Your first post to the Class Wall will be a biography to share information about you with fellow students.
Here are some things to consider including in your biography:
1- Your name
2- Where you are from
3- Your family
4- The degree program you are enrolled in
5- What you currently do for a living
6- Your hobbies or interests
7- Motivation for pursuing a graduate degree
Post your biography to the Class Wall by the end of Day 2 of Topic 1.
Once other students have posted their bios, go back to the Class Wall and read them, as well as your instructor’s bio.
Submit your biography to the appropriate assignment drop box as well.
Class Wall Instructions
Use these instructions to assist you in posting to the Class Wall.
Welcome to the Class Wall! Please post a biography to introduce yourself to the class.
We suggest using the following template:
Section 1: Educational Background (2-4 sentences)
· Educational history.
· What do you like about school?
· What have you found to be challenging? Section
2: Professional Background (4-6 sentences)
· Job/Career history.
· What have you liked about your jobs?
· What kind of job/career do you hope to obtain with your degree?
Section 3: Personal Interests (2-4 sentences)
· What do you like to do with your spare time?
· What kinds of books/movies do you enjoy?
· Where have you travelled in your lifetime or where have you lived?
· Feel free to share information about your family if you are comfortable.
Section 4: Finding Your Purpose (4-6 sentences)
· Why are you obtaining this degree?
· Why did you decide to attend Grand Canyon University?
· How will obtaining this degree help you define, refine, and achieve your goals professionally, personally, and spiritually?
Review this related topic here:UNV 502 Grand Canyon Week 3 Complete Work
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.